Western River Expeditions »
Dated: March 29, 2018
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We use your personal information for such purposes as to provide the services and products that you request from us, communicate with you, enhance your experience on our website, resolve issues, detect and safeguard us from fraud and illegal activity, and enforce our policies.
- Information You Choose to Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us by phone, email or in any other way. On our website, you may purchase our products and services, including tours and vacation packages, request information, including DVDs and catalogs, subscribe to receive emails, read and post comments on our blog, view our photos and videos, communicate with our representatives during live chat, and use any other services we provide. To take advantage of some of these offerings, it is necessary for you to disclose personal information (referred to as “personal information,” “personally identifiable information,”and “your information”) to us about yourself and others, including but not limited to one or more of the following identifying information: name, age, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, credit card details, and billing information. We use the information you provide to respond to your requests, communicate with you, provide information about our company and services, provide information and promotional material from some of our third-party partners, and customize and improve our services. To make a reservation, you may be required to provide additional information about yourself and other persons listed on the reservation such as pertinent medical information and dietary restrictions.
To purchase our goods or services, you must submit financial information, including credit card, debit card or electronic check information in addition to certain personal information, which we use to bill you for the purchased goods or services. We may also use this financial information to verify the accuracy of your name, address or other information. We do not, however, store your entire credit card number. Instead, we store the last four digits of your credit card or debit card number, or electronic number, expiration date and payment method for reference.
- Information We Automatically Receive From Our Website: We collect information from your transactions with our sister companies, including Moab Adventure Center. We also collect information from third parties. Information collected by us and Moab Adventure Center is stored in the same database.
More About Cookies
- Sister Companies and Third-Party Partners: Reservations, as well as trip and tour inquiries, made through the Site are conducted by Resmark Systems’ reservation system. Resmark Systems is our sister company. All information that you provide to us to make a reservation or inquiry is shared with and stored by Resmark Systems. We share your information with our sister company Moab Adventure Center. In addition, we share your email address with Trusted Adventures — which is a small group of adventure tour operators to which we belong — so they may mail or email you information about our products and services and other products and services of potential interest. If you prefer that we do not share you email address with Trusted Adventures, contact us as described in the section below titled “Your Choices.”
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ and use other companies and persons to perform certain business functions on our behalf, including but not limited to website development and maintenance, marketing, customer service, accounting and payment processing. These third parties have access to user information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes. We also use third party cloud services to store data, including your information.
- Business Transfers: As our business continues to develop, your information may be sold to any successor to or purchaser of part or all of the assets of our business. Business assets typically include customer information. In the event of a sale, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we will notify you by email if you have provided it to us and/or a notice on our website.
- Aggregated Demographic Information: We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties. We do not link this aggregated information to any personal information that can identify your or any other person and, thus, do not disclose any personal information in this manner.
- Legal Purposes: We may disclose your information if required to do so pursuant to judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants, and orders, or as otherwise required by law. In addition, we retain the right to use, disclose and/or share your personal and non-personal information to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person whether or not there is a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure.
Links to Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Advertisers and Google Analytics
We work to maintain the security of information under our control through various means, including the use of Secure Sockets Layer software to protect your credit card and billing information through transmission. When confirming a purchase, we only reveal the last four digits of your credit card, debit card, or electronic check. Your data may be processed and stored in the United States or any other country in which these third parties and their agents maintain facilities. In the event of any data breach, we will promptly respond and notify customers.
- You can always choose not to give us your personally identifiable information, although this information is required if you want to take advantage of some of our services such as booking a tour or subscribing to our newsletter.
- Most browsers automatically accept all cookies by default. You should be able to adjust your browser’s settings to reject new cookies, prompt you before accepting a cookie, or disable cookies. Check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this.
- You may opt-out of receiving emails or other communications from us and our partners at the point where we ask whether you would like to receive such communications.
We may take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before fulfilling any of the requests described in this section. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we will not be able to remove your personal information or terminate your account. Note that if you opt-out of our marketing materials but you purchased a product or service from us, you will continue to receive communications from us about your specific purchase. Further, if third parties already have your information, you will have to contact them directly to opt-out of their marketing communications.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Our website is not directed to children under 18, and we do not offer products or services for use by children. If you are under 18, you may not provide us with any personally identifiable information and you may not use our website without the supervision of a parent or guardian. If a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, the child’s parent or guardian may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
We have a strict no spam policy. You are not licensed to send any communications through our service that would qualify as spam, including unsolicited mass mailings outside your organization, and any communications in any form to another one of our users without their express written consent.
Notice to International Users
Our website is hosted in the United States and the data we collect is stored in the United States. If you are accessing our website from the European Union (“EU”) or elsewhere, be aware that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same personal data protection laws as the EU and other regions. That being said, we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected as described in this policy. By using our website, you consent to have your personal information used and transferred to the United States as set forth in this policy.
Applicable Law and Choice of Forum
To contact us, please use the methods located on our Contact Us page.
You may also write to us atWestern River Expeditions, Inc.
7258 Racquet Club Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84121